Hard and durable, stucco is especially useful to cover unattractive structural elements such as metal, concrete, cinder blocks, and clay bricks. However, stucco can crack and chip away quite easily, leaving unsightly openings for pests and leaks.
If you notice any of the following, your stucco may need some repair:
- Discoloration under windows and trim
- White, chalky residue on exterior of building
- Staining of the stucco where walls and the roof intersect
- A consistent musty smell inside your home
- Moisture around window finish on the inside